How Often Should You Deep Clean a School or Office in Burke?
Generally, office or school furniture and floors usually get dirty quickly because many people spend time in them. Therefore, it is not surprising to find desks, floors, and upholstery in an office or school to be breeding sites for dirt, grime, and bacteria.
For this reason, deep cleaning of a school or office is essential and should be done regularly and correctly to maintain a productive and healthy environment.
The article below gives you some information on how often you should deep clean school or office.
In most cases, the amount of foot traffic and type of flooring in your school or office determines how often you may require it to be deep cleaned. However, the general rule states that all commercial floors should be deep cleaned twice or once a year to clean set-in danger, dirt, bacteria, and allergens.
However, it is essential to follow the following guidelines for high-traffic areas to keep your school and office clean to promote a healthy and conducive working or learning environment:
Moderate High-Traffic Areas
Table of Contents
Moderate high-traffic areas are like meeting rooms, hallways, and lobbies, which are spaces that require deep cleaning after every few months.
High-traffic areas are places or spaces prone to accumulating debris and dirt and should be deep cleaned more often, like once per month. The high-traffic areas may include office kitchens, entrances, bathrooms, and classrooms.
What Does Deep Clean Offer to a Business?
Typically, cleaning removes dust and other disease-causing microorganisms like bacteria that might thrive or multiply in a dirty environment. Therefore, Deep Office cleaning is a process that is recommended in every business to remove dirt and other harmful substances that may provide habitat for bacteria, affecting people’s health.
Deep cleaning, therefore, creates a comfortable, conducive, and healthy working environment for every business. For this reason, the production or productivity rate of your business will increase because there will be minimal absenteeism because of illnesses.
Similarly, the conducive working environment also motivates workers or employees to increase production and remain committed to their work because the environment is comfortable and makes them feel at home.
Deep clean also creates a professional appearance to your clients from the moment they enter your business because they begin making their own opinion of your business. In most cases, clients not only check at the dust at the corner or under the desk to ensure they are all cleaned, but they also look for other items that might be out of place.
Pros And Cons Of Deep Office Cleaning
- It creates a more professional atmosphere: A clean office or classroom creates a more professional environment that signifies that the activities taking place in these rooms are taken seriously. Similarly, it encourages workers in offices to work harder, which also applies to learners. Since the environment is clean, workers and learners tend to work harder because their atmosphere is free from distractions that might alter their productivity. It is for this reason that a clean space is known to boost productivity in offices and classrooms.
- Prevents the spread of infection: Having your school or office well-sanitized prevents the spread of infections or diseases, thus keeping employees happier. It also promotes productivity because the employees or learners will be in the offices or school and no need to have sick days. Similarly, cleaning the office and classrooms removes dirt and bacteria spread from person to person. In the world we are living in today, disinfecting schools and offices are of great benefit because it prevents the spread of Covid-19, which is a virus spread by getting into contact with an object, surface, or a person who is positive for the virus.
- It helps save on maintenance costs: Keeping the office and school environment clean helps save on the maintenance cost in one way or the other. The more you maintain your buildings, which includes keeping them clean, is better and cheaper than the amount you will need to retain them in the future.
- It frees up and creates more space: The deep cleaning team not only focuses on cleaning surfaces or floors in your school or office but also ensures they put everything in order. Doing so removes unnecessary objects or items in the rooms, thus creating more space that people can use to store important and valuable items.
Cons of deep clean a school or office
- It is costly: Deep cleaning is quite expensive because you will be required to add some items to your budget needed or required for this cleaning to be effective and efficient. You will also require some cash to pay the employees you had hired to do the cleaning.
- The cleaning can disrupt the flow of work or learning: Generally, cleaners can disrupt employees in offices or learners in a school from taking part in their daily activities as required because it is difficult for some people to focus on working or reading when the people around them are taking part in other activities.
- In some cases, you cannot tell the personalities of your cleaners: The office and school might be cleaned by different people, each of which you cannot tell their personalities, making it quite challenging to trust them. Therefore you can end up feeling very insecure having strangers clean your office.
In summary, it is essential to note that how often you are required to deep clean a school or office depends on traffic in that particular space. That’s why areas with a high traffic flow will need more regular deep cleaning than those with medium or low traffic.
Similarly, the pros and cons of deep cleaning have been highlighted, and the pros outweigh the cons making it essential to deep clean a school or office, or even a business.
The pros include creating a more professional environment, reduce transmission of illnesses, saves on maintenance costs, and frees up space. And the cons are it being costly, potentially disruptive to learning or working, and some items might go missing because you do not know the personalities of every cleaner.